Our trip through the depths of visual underground art continues with an amazing illustrator from outer space: Robin Eisenberg.
Hi Robin! Glad to have you here with us on Visual Satiation!
1) Let’s start by introducing yourself.
I’m Robin. I’m an artist + designer based in Los Angeles, CA.
Thank you! I love making art for rad bands, and I love getting excited about art by listening to those same bands.
Music has always been a huge part of my life so it’s fun to be involved in it from a different side of things.
3) Are you a musician as well?
Yeah! I play piano + organ. I also toured for a long time playing with a band called Crocodiles who are awesome.
4) What feeds your imagination?
Thinking about space… Superbabes in space!
Also, forcing myself to leave my desk and take a walk every day always seems to work really well.
5) Tell me 3 artists we should know about.
Can’t stop staring at the work of:
6) Do you think we’ll meet the aliens someday, or should we just embrace the Fermi paradox?
Although I can’t say for certain whether alien life does exist in a form that we would recognize – I like to believe or I WANT TO BELIEVE in the Star Trek idea that when humanity is ready we will be approached by alien cultures and grow wiser from it. I just hope I’m around for that day!
Sci-fi crossover references in that answer, sorry ahah.
7) What’s your favorite color?
I really like red and purple next to each other.
Is that cheating cuz it’s two colors?
8) Hell no. I give you one minute to sketch a portrait of yourself. 3, 2, 1, go!
Thanks for your time and your beautiful illustrations Robin!
Skate shop: http://www.boardpusher.com/robineisenberg