I love the illustrations of this girl so much that I use one of her pieces as the artwork for my computer desktop. Let’s discover the fascinating, weird work of this rare Australian flower called Tulsi Maya aka Prettywhores!
Hi Tulsi Maya! What a pleasure to have you here! Welcome to “Visual Satiation”.
1) First question; who’s Prettywhores and how does she survive?
Prettywhores is one of the many personalities trapped inside the core of Tulsi Maya. She survives by daydreaming.
2) What collaborations have you been involved with that have satisfied you the most?
I’ve not been involved in many collaborations, but working with people like Chester Watson and Jamie from Hot record Society is always satisfying and beautiful. I’m currently working on an exquisite cadaver type zine with my friend Nick Nolan – he’s a super star.
3) I’m super interested in your passion for plants. Can you tell me a little about it?
I grew up on a self sufficient fruit/flora farm in the bush, perhaps that’s where my passion stems from.
Most of my time is spent in my garden, saving seeds and eating what i’ve grown.
Plants are my friends – they’re the keepers of my secrets.
4) If you could be a plant, what plant would you be?
A field of poppies personified.
5) I give you one minute to sketch a portrait of yourself. 3, 2, 1, go!